Incoming 9th Graders Application Process
Thank you for considering CMCP as your high school of choice!
In order to be considered for admission to Chaminade-Madonna College Preparatory, candidates must complete the following steps:
Apply and Register for the Entrance Exam.
The following must be provided in order to complete the application process. If your child attends a Catholic middle school, the following process occurs directly with the school:
1. 7th and 8th Grade Report Cards.
2. Standardized Test Scores from 7th and 8th grade.
3. If applicable, a psycho-educational evaluation less than 3 years, Individualized Education Programs or 504 Plans.
4. Completed Principal’s Recommendation Form provided by CMCP and emailed to email@example.com.
All above-referenced documents must be received no later than January 12, 2019.
**Only complete applications will be reviewed for consideration.
All Incoming 9th grade students are required to take the HSPT at Chaminade-Madonna.
The following are a few guidelines for the HSPT which will be administered at Chaminade-Madonna.
- Please arrive no later than 7:45 a.m. at the front of Chaminade-Madonna 500 E Chaminade Dr. Hollywood, FL 33021.
- Bring two #2 pencils.
- Please wear: Girls: Polo-type shirt or blouse with khakis. Boys: Polo-type shirt with khakis
- Light jacket or sweatshirt is recommended.
- Please make sure your child eats a good breakfast.
The test is approximately 3 hours and covers Verbal and Quantitative Skills, Reading, Math and Language (Grammar). Chaminade-Madonna strongly suggests a student to prepare for the HSPT Exam. A resource for this exam is Barron’s COOP/HSPT/TACHS 4th Edition by Kathleen J. Elliott M.A. A student should only work on the HSPT sections.