CMCP Scholars: Explore the Possibilities!!!
The Oxford Dictionary defines a scholar as a person who is highly educated or has an aptitude for study and scholarship as academic study or achievement (learning at the highest level). The mission of the CMCP Scholars program is to offer selected high achieving students on- and off-campus enriching educational opportunities. The program seeks to connect student’s rigorous coursework with post-secondary and career possibilities.
CMCP Scholars Program Requirements:
- Rigorous core-curriculum all four years of high school (Honors & AP classes expected)
- Maintain a 3.7 simple GPA, no letter grade below a B
- Participation in academic honor societies
- Score 1000 or higher on PSAT prior to Junior Year
- Students in Top 10 of their class
Class of 2020
Gerold Van der Vlugt
Class of 2021
Class of 2022
Briana Van Oordt
Olivia Van der Vlugt
Class of 2023
CMCP Scholar Coordinator: Stephen Thuot, Ph.D.
Dr. Thuot is the Guidance Counselor for students with last names A-L, all grades. He received his School Counseling degree from Assumption College in Worcester, Mass and his Ph.D. in Sport Psychology from the University of Connecticut.