March 20, 2020
Dear CMCP Families,
As we enter another week of self-isolating and other distancing activity the stress that you could be feeling may have taken a different turn. This is a very uncertain time and no one has any real answers to what comes next. The only redeeming facet of the worldwide illness is that we are all in this together. Per the Broward County School Board and State of Florida’s directive, we will be closed until April 15, 2020. Please be advised that the period of closure may be extended. We will inform you as soon as possible when information becomes available.
If your CMCP student needs a resource for support, both of our guidance counselors are available for telephone appointments. Please email them to set up a mutually convenient time for a conversation:
Kristi Tucker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Stephen Thuot: email@example.com
The following links offer up-to-date-information from the College Board regarding SAT, ACT and AP tests:
The following on-campus activities have been cancelled:
- April 7, 2020 Honor Society Induction
- April 25, 2020 Lions Scholastic Competition
- The Golf Outing scheduled for April 27 will be rescheduled.
The academic rotation after spring break (March 23-27) will be as follows:
- March 30th – Red day assignments which will be DUE: Thursday, April 2
- March 31st – Blue day assignments which will be DUE: Friday, April 3
- April 6th – Red day assignments which will be DUE: Thursday, April 9
- April 7th – Blue day assignments which will be DUE: Friday, April 10
The following departments are offering OPTIONAL on-line sessions at the following times for students who wish to participate.
- Monday: Foreign Language (9:00am-10:00am); Social Studies (10:30am-11:30am); English (1:00-2:00)
- Tuesday: Math (9:00am-10:00am); Theology (10:30am-11:30am); Science (1:00pm-2:00pm)
- Wednesday: Learning Center (10:00am-11:00am); Technology (1:00pm-2:00pm)
*Individual teachers will contact students for log-in information
The work completed during this time is being graded and will be calculated into the student’s fourth quarter grade. Members of the Class of 2020 will be at no academic disadvantage in terms of their grades from CMCP. We trust that they continue to do their best and are hopeful that we can celebrate their high school accomplishments with them sooner rather than later!
Please continue to reference our website for future information.
Judith Mucheck, Ph.D.
Head of School