For more information about our Campus Ministry program, please contact:
Ms. Carol LaMont
Director of Campus Ministry
954-989-5150 ext. 119
The Campus Ministry Program at Chaminade-Madonna is in response to the school’s mission of “educating the heart and soul as well as the mind and body” and motto of Toward a Better World. The major focus is building a faith community which meets members where they are and challenges them to be “ministers,” by giving them opportunities to recognize their own gifts for the purpose of serving.
Goals and Objectives:
- To proclaim and celebrate the Gospel message.
- To communicate the heritage and charism of Blessed William Joseph Chaminade and the Mariansts.
- To provide opportunities for members of the school community (students, faculty, staff, parents and alumni) to explore their relationship with themselves, others and God.
- To celebrate the faith community through various forms and styles of worship.
- To call on and encourage members of the community to share their gifts and to minister to others’ needs by responsible participation in life, mission and the work of the global Church.
- To be open to change and adaptation by “reading the signs of the times,” while staying rooted in Gospel values.
Words from the Marianist Founders:
"Ours is a great work, a magnificent work. If it is universal, it is because we are missionaries of Mary, who has said to us, 'Do whatever He tells you.' Yes, all of us are missionaries."--Father Chaminade
"Let us imitate the love of Mary, our heavenly Mother; and like her, let us cheerfully render to all our brothers and sisters all the services we can, both for the body and for the soul."--Mother Adele
"Let us limit ourselves, my good friends, to doing, each of us, what God would wish us to do...let us take care to have the same purpose, the same spirit, and a union of hearts."--Marie-Therese
Campus Ministry Programs:
- Reflection Day for freshmen
- Antioch Retreat for sophomores (two nights), offered twice a year.
- Encounter for juniors (three nights), offered five times a year (a graduation requirement).
- Senior Retreat (one night), offered once a year
- L.I.F.E. meetings are held twice a month.
- L.I.F.E. stands for "Living in Faith Experience." In the Marianist tradition, students gather to share their faith and build community
- Retreat leadership training
- Liturgical ministries (Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Acolytes)
- Marianist L.I.F.E. summer workshops
- Preparation for Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist) for students is held every two or three years based on student need.
- Confirmation "Spirit Days" for local school and parishes
- Opening School Liturgy
- Commissioning of School Leaders
- Our Lady of the Pillar: Lay Marianists
- Thanksgiving Liturgy
- Immaculate Conception
- Founders' Day Liturgy
- Ash Wednesday
- Holy Week Liturgy (Passion Mime)
- Celebration of Diversity Liturgy
- Passing on of Leadership Liturgy
- Junior Ring Ceremony
- Baccalaureate Mass
- Daily morning Prayer
- Friday morning community Liturgy - 7:25 A.M. in the C-M Chapel
- Advent and Lenten Communion Prayer services
- Prayer Services for athletic teams
- Pax Cristi Chapter - means the "Peace of Christ." It is an International organization which promotes the social justice teaching of the Catholic Church