"Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action."--John 3:18
For information regarding service learning, please contact:
Mrs. Lauren Broeckelmann
954-989-5150 ext. 125
At Chaminade-Madonna, our Mission reminds us that individuals of this community share their faith, achieve excellence, and become caring participants and leaders in the service of community, church, and those in need. The Service Learning Program promotes the leadership and personal involvement of our students in the giving of time, treasure, and talent to their community. Service is an integral part of our education since it provides an opportunity to shape students' values and helps to further the intellectual, personal and social growth of our students.
Service contributes to a just and equitable society. Jesus came to serve, not to be served. To serve others is to recognize the oneness of all people and the uniqueness of our own God-given talents and abilities. To serve is making it possible for all to reach the full potential of being the people that God meant us to be. We are blessed with the opportunity to serve others in our program at Chaminade-Madonna.
Service Learning Requirements:
- Students in the class of 2019 and 2020 are required to perform 25 hours per year, obtaining a minimum of 100 hours by graduation.
- Students in the class of 2018 and 2017 are required to perform a minimum of 20 hours per year obtaining a minimum of 80 hours by graudation.
- Transfer students must complete 25 hours (Class of 2019 & Class of 2020) or 20 hours (Class of 2018 & Class of 2017) per year of attendance at Chaminade-Madonna.
- Seniors who fail to comply with the service hours will not receive their diploma or transcripts until hours have been completed.
- Service must be completed with a non-profit organization (churches, health or environmental organizations or community initiatives) or school-based activities.
- Submit a complete Service Learning Form to the Service Learning Director to receive credit for hours.